Saturday, November 20, 2010

Service, birds and other great things

Okay, I know I write about birds on here a lot, but I really do love birds. Apparently, on Kansas roads that seems to just have billboards, powerlines and trees near them, there are many prairie falcons (at least that's what I think they are). They're huge birds! I guess I am truly a bird nerd, but I love seeing them as I drive along. I guess birds are one thing that makes me happy.

Service also makes me happy, especially when it's service I really enjoy doing! Today I had the opportunity to help package food with Numana Inc.! It was awesome! We packed a bunch of meal packets to be sent to Haiti, I believe. We were going as fast as we could and trying to get in the most good that would could for the short time we had there. I hope to do it again some time.

Listen to general authority of the church speak is also something that makes me happy! I had the great opportunity last night to hear Elder Richard G. Scott, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles speak! It was such a great discussion. He did a question answer session, with people asking many different questions, a lot about marriage, of course, since it was a singles devotional. I'm so glad he chose to set this up so we could all hear from him. He's so to the point and really helps you understand what you need to do. The Spirit was strong there and it was awesome!

Well, I could list things for a long time that make me happy, but I'm going to keep this blog short. I'm grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I'm so glad that I can repent of the sins I've committed, because he was willing to suffer for me. I'm so grateful for eternal families too, what a great hope and promise to be with my family forever! It is a wonderful knowledge the gospel brings to us. I hope we can all strive to be nearer to Jesus Christ, our Heavenly Father, the Holy Ghost and our families. Oh, what a blessed time we live in!

1 comment:

  1. Scott, I ran across your Mormon.org profile while searching for mine! It was fun to see and read your testimony. Thanks for sharing. Looks like things are going well, as they should be. I just wanted to say hello.

    ReplyDelete